Extended application deadline: 15 May, 2019
ISINP Announcement Poster
In parallel with the ISINP-2019 meeting meeting, we organize a special issue in the journal Frontiers in Physiology, published by Frontiers Media SA, entitled: “The New Frontier of Network Physiology: From Temporal Dynamics to the Synchronization and Principles of Integration in Networks of Physiological Systems”.
More information is available on the journal website:
We invite all ISINP attendees and speakers to contribute work related to Network Physiology.
Authors of studies presented in Poster Sections I & II are specially encouraged to submit to the special issue.
Recent Focus Issues on Network Physiology:
- “The new field of Network Physiology: redefining health and disease through networks of physiological interactions“ is now open in the journal Physiological Measurement, IOPscience.
- “Focus on Network Physiology and Network Medicine” in the journal New Journal of Physics, IOPscience.
Poster Session for participants:
Applicants currently working on projects related to Network Physiology are encouraged to present at the poster session that will be organized during the Summer Institute.
Applicants who plan to present at the poster session should include in their application material (Application Form) also a PDF with title, authors and two-page single space abstract structured in sections on Study Objectives, Methods, results (possibly including 1 or 2 figures), Conclusions, and up to 5 references.
The journal EPL is pleased to support the International Summer Institute on Network Physiology (ISINP 2019) with three Poster Prizes for Young Researchers.
Three cash prizes of €200, €100 and €50 will be presented to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd best posters respectively. The prizes will be announced at the end of the poster sessions on the 30th of July. In addition, prize winners will be invited to submit their paper to EPL. The papers will be published in EPL in Open Access, free of charge, subject to peer review.
EPL is a broad scope Letters journal that provides authors from around the world working in physics and related fields with fast, fair and constructive peer review thanks to its Editorial Board of active scientists, who are experts in their respective fields.
Readings related to Network Physiology as first steps in building a dynamic Atlas of Organ Interactions
1. Network physiology reveals relations between network topology and physiologic function. [ PDF ]
Nature Communications 2012; 3: 702 doi: 10.1038/ ncomms1705.
2. Network Physiology: how organ systems dynamically interact. [ Open access ]
PLOS ONE, 2015; 10(11): e0142143
3. Major component analysis of dynamic networks of physiologic organ interactions. [ PDF ]
Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2015; 640, 012013
4. Plasticity of brain wave network interactions and evolution across physiologic states. [ Open access ]
Frontiers in Neural Circuits, 2015; 9:62
5. Coexisting forms of coupling and phase-transitions in physiological networks. [ PDF ]
Communications in Computer and Information Science 2014; 438: 270-287
6. Focus on the emerging new fields of network physiology and network medicine. [ PDF ]
New Journal of Physics, 2016; 18:100201.